Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Readables of 2011

Who's heard of Copernicium?
Woo! New element! Now my favorite! Obviously named after Copernicus. Duh.

I Died From Cantaloupes
A bunch of contaminated cantaloupes killed more than 20 Americans.

Learn to Love Hurricanes and Twisters
Hurricane Irene and the Joplin tornado had to be the worst disasters in U.S. history. Irene was an expensive little gift from Mother Nature, costing more than $7.3 billion in damage. And the tornado? Killed 161 people. Wow.

That Annoying Friday Song
Okay, its probably not that annoying. It's okay. It got Rebecca Black famous. Of course, with a side of death threats.

John Pike the Police Dude
You don't remember him? He was the one who sprayed all those student protesters with pepper spray. And they were all like, "We're sitting on the ground, just doing nothing," and Pike is like, "Oh, let's spray these kids with some pepper spray! Hehe."

The Homeless Guy With A Voice
Ted Williams! I don't know, but he has this really deep voice (that's how I can describe it, anyways) that sounds musical, almost. The man who had a history with booze and drugs is now on the Today show.

The Royal Wedding
Two, actually. But I actually just payed attention to the one with Kate and Prince William.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs
How could he die? He was so great, the center of technological innovation of our generation... I thank him, and I will surely remember him for my Macbook that's still waterlogged and the iPhone and the iPod and the iPad.

A Cure For HIV and AIDS
Yes, finally, some light to shine on this case! I think HIV and AIDS will be inevitably destroyed in a few years. I mean, stem-cell transplants! With the drop of AIDS deaths falling from 2.2 million to 1.8. million in 2010, I think we're on the right track.

Planking
I don't really even KNOW where that started. For those of you who haven't heard of it, its when you position yourself horizontally, straight and on your tummy, basically. People are doing this weird but cool thing in like, these really weird and dangerous places. But its really cool.

iPhone 4S
WHY DON'T I HAVE AN IPHONE 5 IN MY HAND?!?!?

Those were a bit of reflections from 2011's little events and thingies. Oh yeah, don't forget:

The Death of Osama Bin Laden
The Death of Muammar Gaddafi
Occupy Wall Street
Arab Spring
Moscow Protests
The 9.0 Earthquake from Japan and its Nuclear Meltdowns
The Mexico Drug Wars
The Tabloid Scandal

And much more. If you have any quite important events, please list them in the comments. I'll edit them in.
I almost forgot! Of course:

CONGRESS HAS DECLARED TOMATO PASTE AS A VEGETABLE

There. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PUSH THAT COMMENT BUTTON! PUSH IT!