Saturday, December 3, 2011

The App I HAVEN'T Seen (not yet, anyways)

This year, flipping through my TIME magazine in the invention issue, oohing and ahhing at awesome inventions like the edible campfire, or that robotic hummingbird.
Sadly, most of these new inventions, especially Internet-related ones, are following the simple things that just amaze us, what we want to see, like edible campfires and hummingbirds.
But I haven't seen ONE application that really differ from today's trademarks. Google and Facebook are on competition as Google racks up Google +. Although very inventive, its quite obvious that its trying to act better than Facebook.
You know, one of these days, they should make something TOTALLY different and amazing at the same time, something I haven't seen, like....

THE POM ASSISTANT!!!


Oh my gosh, that would be like, the best invention ever!
The Pom assistant would be a little cute gnome with a white beard that looks like this, I guess:

Except without that pedometer thingy on it. 
Anyways, you would slip in the disk in to install it, and then its LITTLE CUTE FACE pops up! 
Then, you could CUSTOMIZE the Pom once you go through all that legal stuff. There would be many different types:
RED POM
BLUE POM
YELLOW POM
BLOOD POM
SHARK LLAMA POM
BLACK POM
CRAZY POM
GREEN POM
ORANGE POM

Then, with your new Pom all setup up, you can start using him!
He will stubbornly refuse to do whatever you say (i.e. Put this file in the trash because its annoying) unless you click him a bunch of times. Do this before you start to threaten him (Okay, I'll put YOUR file in the trash because YOU'RE annoying). He will roll around in pain and subject to your will. 
The Pom assistant is perfect for defending your computer against viruses!

You: (input command) Pom, I want you to defend my computers against viruses.
Pom: Will do, admin!
(an hour later)
You: POM! MY ENTIRE HARD DRIVE'S BEEN WIPED OUT!!!
Pom: Oh... I guess I didn't see that.

He will help you complete word documents! 

You: Pom, how do I spell "sorry"?
Pom: Let's see, its S-O-R-Y. 
You: Okay, thanks! 

The Pom will just be hanging around your computer, in corners, or probably in front of your entire window, enlarged:

You: Pom, get out of the way!

He memorizes TWO PASSWORDS for you on you're computer! 
The Pom is also a very great copy and paste tool! 

You: Copy this very long link, Pom! 
Pom: ERROR. It's too long for me!
You: Okay fine, how about this link?
Pom: ERROR. Too long for me!
You: GRRRR

And the Pom will assist you with MUCH MUCH MORE! 
But, I guess then you would have put the Pom in the trash.
But, I guess you didn't, because the Pom has a really long animation of dying that it crashed you're computer, all while pleading you not to be deleted:

You: Pom, I AM DELETING YOU, AND YOU ARE MAKING MY COMPUTER LAG LIKE HECK!
Pom: Don't KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
(CRASH) 

----------------------------------------
It would be a nice invention, anyways...


5 comments:

  1. If I had a pom it would probably make it impossible for me to comment like this.
    Especially on that word identification thing.
    What would your personalized pom look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. Red?
    What would yours be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine would be a kind of burgundy with two yellow stripes on its back and a long, purple mane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shark llama pom? That... would actually be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

PUSH THAT COMMENT BUTTON! PUSH IT!