Monday, December 5, 2011

The Proper Way of Saving Water Damage from Your Laptop

So there I was, joyously playing Minecraft on my Macbook, a cup of water beside the keys. As I reached over to slap my sister on the back for popping a balloon, I knocked over the cup.
All over the keys.
This post is all based on my experiences, and what I learned from them and what I'm going to teach you about it. Just remember to hate cups.

THE VERY INCORRECT WAY (based on what I did)
1. As water is seeping into your circuit boards, quickly say to your online friend on Minecraft, "darn i spilled fricken water all over they keys" while you are yelling at your sister to get ten paper towels.

2. As you are cursing with the amount of water that spilled on the keys, you freak out when the entire screen freezes. You turn off the computer, and it responds very slowly.
3. You try to clean up as much as you can before more water seeps into your laptop. When you've think you've done enough, you close the laptop and head for the alternative computer for the proper way of saving your laptop from water damage.

THE CORRECT WAY
1. PUSH THAT POWER BUTTON. PUSH AND HOLD UNTIL IT HURTS. When it turns off, take off any power adapters. From the back, remove your computer's battery. 

2. Flip over your computer. After a while, flip it back and wipe the water spill on the keys. After you've done that, wait a while for your computer in a upside down V position (the laptop is open).
3. Air dry the keys with an air dryer.
4. Just don't turn on the laptop at least for 48 hours.

If you had a horrible spill, I hope you followed the correct way instead of my idiotic way of trying to handle it. 

3 comments:

PUSH THAT COMMENT BUTTON! PUSH IT!