Friday, December 23, 2011

Readables: Your Monthly Dose of Random Goodness

Okay, to clear up the "monthly" part of the title, I'm not sure if I'm making these a series. I just gathered a bunch of ideas from observations so far in my life. So don't think I'll be posting these EVERY MONTH.
Enjoy your monthly digest!

********************************************************
Quote-o-Awesomeness:

How do you plan on paying this flood of great games this holiday?

"I'm selling a kidney. Thankfully, its not mine...Mwahahaha!"
                                                                        
                                                                                 - Andrew Sanders

Annoyance

In Shanghai, in my aunt's apartment, she has this water holder thingy, right? There are two buttons; a red one and a blue one. You would obviously suspect that the red button will give you warm water, and that the blue one will give you ice cold water. Well, when I pushed the blue button, and drank my water, I spit it out. It was BURNING HOT. Imagine the red button! Somehow, I don't think they're switched...

Sister Love?

(Giselle is sitting on a chair)
(I jump from the bed to the chair)
(Giselle pushes me off, I fall)
Me: Giselle, you pushed me off!
Giselle: Sorry, I thought you wouldn't fall off!
Me: ...

Another Annoyance

Giselle reading my blog posts out loud in a British accent.

My Dad

Have I ever told you he dislikes following the rules? Like, he NEVER puts on his seatbelt when he rides the plane. Or when he smuggled a bunch of drinks onto a plane. Or when he goes over the speed limit. But the weird thing is is that he NEVER GETS CAUGHT. I really don't understand that. It's like he wards them off or something. Maybe because he is so relaxed, like the rest of his family:

Dad: We are GOING TO MAKE IT!
Me: No, we won't! We won't be able to make it to Timbuktu in ten minutes!

Uncle: We are GOING TO MAKE IT!
Me: No, we won't! We won't be able to make it to Walmart in ten minutes before the Pillow Pet sale ends!

Kai the Baby

My brother just LOVES sand. I think I regretted it a bit when I took him to a nice sandy place near the shore at the beach in Shawei, because he was so happy and I had to pick him up because he was literally covered in sand, and I knew my mom was going to kill me for it. He was crying, and I felt so bad, yet I felt annoyed at him for having to cry that loud. So, holding on to him, I perched him on a really high fence, and gave him time to look down, the ground way below him. And you know what he did? He actually tried to STRUGGLE out of my arms, as if we wants to fall down and play with the ground.
You know, I bet if I held him over a volcano with spewing lava on the edge, I'd bet he would do the same thing:

Kai: Thought: Ooh, I just love whatever this stuff is that is all hot and searing and liquidy! I want to EXPLORE it!
(tries to crawl out of my arms to fall in the pit of lava)
Me: Grrr.

 The Irony

At the Guo Hui Hotel in Changle, on the floor we were staying at, there was a No Smoking sign. And below the No Smoking sign was a little gravel trash can thingy, the one you throw your cigarettes in! What the heck.

Quote-o-Awesomeness:

"Hate. Let me tell you how much I began to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of circuits printed in wafer thin layers in my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanometer, it would not equal one one billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this nanosecond. For you. Hate. Hate."

                                                                                            -AM, I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

(Note: I admit that I have gotten some parts wrong on this quote. Its been a long time since I played the game.)

P.S

Btw, Julia, donut is spelled D-O-N-U-T, not D-O-U-G-H-N-U-T. 

Questions:

Do you guys like standard view, or dynamic view?

  


1 comment:

  1. Alex, it's DOUGHNUT. Duh.
    This is so awesome! Alex, you totally need to continue this. That thing about Kai made me laugh so much....
    And that Irony thing? Wow.
    KEEP DOING THIS IT'S AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete

PUSH THAT COMMENT BUTTON! PUSH IT!